Town Planning & Urban Management CSSadmin
Town Planning & Urban Management CSS Syllabus 2016 is available here. Candidates will be expected to display in depth knowledge of basic Town Planning & Urban Management concepts, Goals and objectives of Town Planning, Historical Perspective of Urban Planning, Urban Rural Differences and Hierarchy, Settlements, History of planning in Pakistan, and Managing Urbanization.
Town Planning & Urban Management CSS Syllabus 2016
1. Definition of Town Planning, Goals and objectives of Town Planning:
Town Planning as a multi-disciplinary approach and relationship of Town Planning with other professions.
2. Historical Perspective of Urban Planning:
Planning of historical towns in the world. Examples of planned towns in Europe, Nile Valley region, Euphrates and Tigris Valley region and Indus Valley region (Mohenjodaro, Harappa, Kot Diji and Mehr Garh) and Gandhara Civilization.
3. Urban Rural Differences and Hierarchy of Settlements:
Urbanization and its effects on the environment of urban areas.
4. History of planning in Pakistan:
- 5 year plans.
5. Managing Urbanization
- How to manage urbanization
- Best Practices
- Land use classification policy
- Building and development control
- Removal of encroachments
- Introduction to Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS)
6. Housing community and Economic Development:
To prepare professionals with the skills and knowledge of equitable development. Commitment to expanding opportunities and providing quality life for disadvantaged groups.
7. Public Policy and Urban Design Management:
Solving social and environmental problems using:
b. Policy analysis
c. Political science
d. Urban Design
8. Sustainability, Environmental Policy and Planning:
How society conserves and manages its natural resources and works to promote development.
9. Urban Information Systems:
Use of planning related software and spatial analysis tools and systems i.e GIS.
Dogar Brothers utterly provide Best Stuff for your good preparation