A lecturer has to pass a written test in the relevant subject and then an interview. The candidate for lectureship qualifies if he/she:
- Plans his/her study and executes the plan.
- Demonstrates his/her conceptual understanding of the subject.
- Relates the concepts with one another and understands their paradigm.
- Shows how to apply the concepts.
- Shows the development and sequence of the concepts in an order.
- Avoids vagueness, ambiguity and confusion while explaining the concepts and their application.
- Organizes his/her learning in a systematic way.
- Shows a keen interest in exploring the subject in regards of content and teaching method.
- Communicates in an impressive way.
- Knows how to simplify the content according to the ability, age and immediate environment of the learners.
- Revises his/her syllabus in a comprehensive way.