Assistant District Attorney (BS-17) Jobs has been announced by PPSC recruitment to 45 (Forty-five) including 05 posts reserved for disabled persons and 02 posts reserved for minorities) on permanent basis in the LAW AND PARLIAMENTARY AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT. Closing date for Assistant District Attorney (BS-17) post is 26-08-2016. Date of advertisement is 11-08-2016. Dogar Brothers utterly provide Best Stuff for your best preparation.
ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY (BS-17)
- LL.M or Equivalent Qualification recognized by the Higher Education Commission having two years’ active practice as an Advocate; or
- LLB (with 50% aggregate marks) or Equivalent Qualification recognized by the Higher Education Commission having four years’ active practice as an Advocate.
- PAY: BS-17 + Rs.15000/- as Special Allowance.
- Male Candidates: 28 to 35 + 05 Years general relaxation in upper age limit = 40 Years on 01-01-2016.
- Female Candidates: 28 to 35 + 08 Years general relaxation in upper age limit = 43 Years on 01-01-2016.
- DOMICILE: Punjab
- PLACE OF POSTING FOR ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY (BS-17) POST: Anywhere in Punjab.
- Note: Serving Civil Servants are not eligible to apply for this post as per condition of active practice as advocates in the District Law Officers Service Rules, 2010. They cannot be considered to be sitting/incumbent member’s/practicing lawyers of the Bar. Hence the candidates possessing the requisite experience before joining the Government service are not eligible.
- Gender: Male and Female.
- SYLLABUS FOR WRITTEN EXAMINATION FOR ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY (BS-17) POST:- A Written competitive examination comprising of the following three papers will be conducted
SUBJECTS: Advocacy and Pleading Skills (Subjective + Objective)
Subject: Constitutional and Administrative Law (Subjective + Objective)
Subject: Civil Law (Subjective + Objective)
ADVOCACY & PLEADING SKILLS (100 MARKS)
- Objective: To evaluate that the applicants possess satisfactory advocacy & pleading skills in English, Urdu & Information Communication Technology.
- Mode: The paper shall be subjective as well as objective.
- Information Communication Technology: 25 Marks
- Essay in English on pleadings and Conveyancing: 25 Marks
- Essay in Urdu on pleadings and Conveyancing: 25 Marks
- Proficiency in English Grammar (MCQs based): 25 Marks
CONSTITUTIONAL &ADMINISTRATIVE LAW (100 MARKS)
- Objective: To assess that the applicants have a reasonable level of understanding of the principles of administrative law and Constitutional Law and possess the knowledge of established principles of interpretation of Statutes, Rules of Business and Secretariat instructions.
- Mode: The paper shall be subjective as well as objective and problem based.
- Principles of Interpretation of Statutes: 15 Marks
case- based answer:
- Rules of Business & Secretariat Instructions: 10 Marks
- Constitution of Pakistan: 15 Marks
ADMINISTRATIVE LAW: (60 Marks)
- Delegated legislation: principles and controls (legislative and judicial)
- Administrative discretion: principles, controls and safeguards
- Judicial review of administrative action
- Finality of administrative action (ouster clauses): concept and effect
- Judicial decisions and principles of Natural Justice
- Ouster of Jurisdiction and Courts
CIVIL LAW (100 MARKS)
- Objective: To assess the professional knowledge of, and insight into, the civil law and application of that knowledge as a lawyer.
- Mode: The paper shall be subjective as well as objective and problem based.
- The Code of Civil Procedure 1908
- The Specific Relief Act 1877
- Land Acquisition Act 1894
- The Contract Act 1872
- The Qanoon-e-Shahadat Order 1984
- The Punjab General Clauses Act 1956
- The Punjab Civil Servant Act 1974 and rules framed under that Act
- The Punjab Civil Servants (Conduct) Rules, 1966
- The Limitation Act 1908
- The Arbitration Act 1940
- Principles of Criminal Law
- PEEDA Act 2006
- High Court Rules
- Punjab Procurement Regulatory Authority Act 2009 and Punjab Procurement Rules, 2014
A candidate must obtain 33% marks in each paper of written examination and he must obtain 50% aggregate marks out of the total marks.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS (WRITTEN EXAMINATION / INTERVIEW)
- Candidates are advised to read all terms and conditions/instructions of the Advertisement as well as “Important Instructions for candidates-2016” given on PPSC website carefully in order to submit their online applications complete in all respects. The onus/responsibility of correctness of the data given in the on-line application will rest squarely on the candidate.
- Applicants are required to submit “On-line Application Form” for Assistant District Attorney (BS-17) post by the Closing Date which is 26-08-2016 up to 12:00 PM. Candidates should fill in the On-line Form carefully in the light of the Guidelines and Instructions mentioned in the Advertisement for the said post.
- Editing options, to correct any data in the on-line application, will be available to the candidates till the Closing Date of submission of Online Applications.
- It is mandatory for Candidates to deposit Rs.700/- under Head: “C02101-ORGANIZATIONS OF STATE-EXAMINATION FEE REALIZED BY THE PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION”, in any Branch of State Bank of Pakistan or National Bank of Pakistan or Government Treasury on or before the Closing Date of submission of applications. No Bank Draft or Pay Order or Cheque or any such instrument will be accepted as fee by the Commission. Candidates residing outside Pakistan, but having. Domicile of the Punjab will deposit the fee at the Pakistani Embassy of residing country in the currency of that country equivalent to the amount of Application/Examination Fee prescribed for the post. Disabled candidates are not required to deposit application fee.
- Applications other than On-line will not be accepted by the Commission.
- Hard Copy of the On-line Application shall not be required to be submitted to the Commission for Assistant District Attorney (BS-17) post.
- Communication with the candidates will be made electronically only i.e. SMS, E-mail and Website. Candidates are essentially required to mention their e-mail address in their on-line application form. Please add Address (email@example.com) into your contacts / address book in order to ensure the delivery of PPSC mail into INBOX rather than into JUNK / SPAM like folder. No candidate will be informed about date of examination or interview individually by post.
- Schedule of Written Examination will be given on PPSC website from where candidates can download their roll numbers and information about date, time and venues for Written Examination. The candidates should remain in touch with the Punjab Public Service Commission Office or visit the Commission’s Website: www.ppsc.gop.pk for further information.
- E-Mail and SMS regarding actual schedule of Written Examination will be sent to the Candidates collectively informing them about the Date, Time & Place of Written Examination preferably 7 days before the event with the instructions to download their Roll Number Slip from PPSC Website.
- A candidate may be disqualified or debarred from any Written Examination or Interview for any post held or to be held by the Punjab Public Service Commission in future, if he/she is found guilty of cheating/violation of any of the instructions issued from time to time or on the basis of submission of false information/documents to the Commission.
- The number of Assistant District Attorney (BS-17) posts may be increased or decreased by the Competent Authority before the finalization of the interview.
- In case of disabled person, Column 20 of Online Application Form should be filled in mentioning “Yes”. If the candidate is disabled. He/she will have to submit a certificate regarding his/her disability from the Provincial Council for Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons of Social Welfare Department issued on or before the closing date of submission of applications for the post.
- The Commission has an appropriate mechanism for providing writer to disabled candidates during Written Examination: – Writer shall be provided to a Handicapped Candidate by the Commission if so requested by him/her at least 3 days before his/her Written Examination. Candidates will be allowed to come along with Reader at their own level subject to the condition that qualification of the Reader shall be one step lower than the prescribed qualification of the post for which written examination is to be conducted.
- Eligibility of Candidates for the Assistant District Attorney (BS-17) Post will be determined on the basis of: Qualification/experience prescribed in the Service Rules/Advertisement. Instructions issued by the Government or the Commission from time to time. The qualifications, experience and other credentials etc. of the Candidates shall be taken up to the Closing Date fixed for such post. Age of the Candidates shall be reckoned as on the first of January, 2016.
- A Candidate appearing in Written Examination/Interview of Assistant District Attorney (BS-17) post shall be allowed to avail three chances only for each particular Written Examination/Interview irrespective of the type or categories of posts grouped in that Written Examination.
- If a candidate changes his/her Mobile Number already fed in his/her On-line application, he/she shall send a signed application through mail along with a copy of CNIC, new mobile number, application number and the post applied for. The application should be addressed to Secretary, PPSC. The Commission will not be responsible for ensuring any intimation of information to the candidate in case of a changed mobile number without intimation to the PPSC.
- Following documents in original along with 2 sets of photocopies issued on or before the Closing Date of submission of applications will be required, to produce/submit on the date of interview / viva voce:
- Matriculation Certificate or in case of ’O’ Level, Equivalent Certificate from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen, showing Total/ Obtained Marks, Date of Birth. Or School Leaving Certificate showing Date of Birth.
- Intermediate Certificate / ’A’ level along with Equivalent Qualification from IBCC, showing Total / Obtained Marks.
- Degrees/Detailed Marks Certificates duly issued by the Controller of Examinations Showing Total/ Obtained Marks, CGPA/ GPA or Percentages of Marks etc.
- Domicile certificate of relevant district of Province of Punjab issued on or before the closing date. If a candidate has applied for domicile before closing date for submission of application and provides a receipt in this regard, his/her domicile issued after closing date shall be accepted.
- Experience Certificate from President District Bar Association / Sub-Divisional Bar Association duly countersigned and affixing rubber stamp of District & Session Judge concerned (in original) showing date of Membership.
- Punjab Bar Council’s up to date / valid Registration Certificate as on closing date of 26-08-2016 showing the date of enrolment.
- Experience certificate (specimen available on website) issued by the Competent Authority.
- Valid C.N.I.C.
- One Passport size photograph.
- Certificate from the Provincial Council for Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons of Social Welfare Department.
- Foreign Degrees must be from university/institutions recognized by H.E.C and declared equivalent by the Qualification Equivalence Determination Committee of the concerned department.
- Original Treasury Receipt of fee deposited.
- Important Note: Candidates will be admitted provisionally to the written test (whenever held). Successful candidates in the written test will be called for Interview provisionally and detailed scrutiny of their applications and documents will be carried out on the day of Interview. If any Candidate is found ineligible under Law, Rules, his /her candidature will be rejected regardless of the fact whether he/she appeared in the Written test and qualified the same.
- Candidates will be called for interview provisionally without scrutiny of applications. On detailed scrutiny of applications and documents of the Candidates on the day of interview, if any Candidate is found ineligible in any respect under the Rules, his / her candidature will be rejected.
- To avoid frustration, Candidates are advised in their own interest to make sure before applying that they fulfill all the requirements of eligibility criteria as advertised and other rules relating to the post before the Closing Date of submission of applications.
- Lahore: 042-99202762, 99200161, 99200162,
- Rawalpindi: 051-9280325,
- Multan: 061-9330354,
- Bahawalpur: 062-2881182,
- D.G. Khan: 064-9239082
- PPSC only uses the following email addresses to correspond with the candidates: –
- Official SMS are only sent to candidates by “PPSC-1” (Sender).
- All potential candidates must make a note of the above and should not be misled by any fake email addresses or SMS.
If any instruction available on the website or Advertisement is found contradictory to the relevant Law, Rules and Regulations and Policy Decisions, the relevant Law, Rules and Regulations and Policy Decisions will prevail over the instructions.
Please refuse to engage with any person who may offer to help you get selected. Have faith in your own ability and trust in Allah (SWT). In case any dubious person contacts you for providing undue favour in written test and interview please contact immediately the following Hon’ble Members of the Commission at once: –
- Mr. Kalb-e-Abbas, Member PPSC,
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 042-99202733
- Mr. Syed Ibne Hussain, Member PPSC
E-mail: email@example.com Tel: 042-99202759
Your name will be kept secret and no prejudice will be caused to you.
Tel: 042-99200161, 99200162
Dogar Brothers utterly provide Best Stuff for your good preparation. Just catch-up a Book of Dogar Brother’s to get selected through your exams. Our mission is “Contributing to the success of widest possible audience through availability of learning resources at affordable price”.