AIOU – Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad announced job opportunities for Pakistani Nationals. Last date for application submission is 25th August, 2015. Applications are invited from the Pakistani nationals for the following posts for selection on merit basis:
- Professor BPS-21, (BPS/TTS/Contract)
Discipline: Biology-Post-1, Urdu-Post-1, English Language & Applied Linguistics-Post-1, Pakistan Studies-Post-1, Education (Elementary Teacher Education)-Post-1, Education (Secondary Teacher Education)-Post-1, Shariah & Islamic Law-Post-1, Computer Science (E-Learning Information Technology)-Post-1.
- Associate Professor BPS-20 (BPS/TTS)
Discipline: Physics (Renewable Resources)-Post-1, Environmental Design (Architecture / Civil Engineering / Environmental Engineering)-Post-1, Education (Science Education)-Post-1, Education (Distance & Non-Formal Education)-Post-1, Education (Early Childhood Education / Elementary Teacher Education)-Post-1, Urdu-Post-1, Public Administration (Management Sciences)-Post-1, Pakistani Languages (Pashto)-Post-1, Computer Science (E-Learning / Instructional Content Development)-Post-1.
- Assistant Professor BPS-19 (BPS/TTS)
Discipline: Physics (Chemical and Material Engineering)-Post-1, Mathematics-Post-1, Statistics-Post-1, Biology-Post-1, Chemistry-Post-1, Education (Science Education)-Post-1,
Education (Special Education)-Post-1, Education (Distance & Non-Formal Education)- Posts-2, Education (Educational Planning &Management)-Post-1, Hadith & Seerah-Post-1, Islamic Thought, Culture & History-Post-1, Sociology / Anthropology-Post-1, Mass Communication-Post-1, Commerce-Post-1, History-Post-1, Arabic-Post-1, Pakistani Languages (Sindhi, Urdu)-Post-2, Business Administration (Finance/HRM)-Post-1, Computer Science (Networking / Artificial Intelligence / Knowledge Engineering)-Post-1.
- Lecturer BPS-18
Discipline: Agriculture Science (Rural Development)-Post-1, Chemistry (Inorganic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry)-Posts-2, Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence, E-Learning/Multimedia Information/Database, Software Engineering)-Posts-2, Engineering &
Technology (Electrical/Electronics)-Post-1, Environmental Design (Architecture/Civil Engineering/Environmental Engineering)-Post-1, Commerce (Accounting & Finance, Hospitality Management)-Posts-2, Biology-Posts-1, Mathematics-Post-1, Statistics-Post-1, Physics-Post-1, Education (Distance & Non-Formal Education)-Post-1, Education (Secondary Teacher Education)-Post-1, Education (Early Childhood Education/Elementary Teacher Education)-Post-1, Education (Special Education)-Post-1, Quran & Tafseer-Post-1, Shariah & Islamic Law-Posts-2, Islamic Thought, History & Culture-Post-1, Pakistan Studies-Post-1, Economics-Post-1, English Language & Applied Linguistics-Post-1, Library & Information Science-Post-1, History-Post-1, Iqbal Studies-Posts-2, Urdu-Post-1, Business Administration-Post-1.
- Research Associate BPS-17
Discipline: Biology-Post-1, Chemistry-Posts-2, Statistics-Post-1, Physics-Post-1, Mathematics-Post-1, Environmental Science-Post-1, Hadith & Search-Post-1, Mass Communication-Post-1, Education-Post-1.
AIOU Administrative / Servicing Posts
- Director, print Production Unit BPS-20 (Regular/Contract)_Post-01
- Additional Controller of Examinations BPS-19-Post-1
- Deputy Director, Academic Planning & Course Production BPS-19-Post-01
- Senior Producer (Radio/TV) BPS-18-Post-1
- TV Engineer BPS-!&-Post-1
- Director Information Communication Technology (On three years contract-Extendable)
(Salary Package: Rs. 135,000-10,000-195,000)-Post-1
- Director Planning & Development (On three years contract-extendable)
(Salary Package: Rs. 100,000-10,000-160,000)-Post-1
- Director Security (BPS-19)-Post-1 (Contract Basis)
- The Interested Candidates are required to apply on the prescribed application forms which can be obtained from Recruitment Section, Block No. 01, AIOU Main Campus,
- Sector H-8, Islamabad on production of Paid Bank Challan of Rs. 1000/- (Nonrefundable). Application forms can also be downloaded from AIOU website (aiou.edu.pk).
Candidates using the downloaded application forms shall be required to furnish a Bank Draft (drawn in favor of Treasure, AIOU) of Rs. 1000/- (Nonrefundable) along with application form without which application shall not be considered.
- For details about required qualifications and experience for the above posts, visit aiou.edu.pk, in AIOU Jobs. A copy of required qualifications/experience is also available with application forms.
- Applicants for the positions of professor & Associate Professor are required to submit four copies of the applications / dossiers for BPS or TTS duly bound along-with a soft copy of dossier in PDF.
- The University reserves the right to shortlist the candidates. Only Shortlisted candidates will be called for test
- The University reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of posts or not to fill any post.
- Applicants already working in Government/Semi Government Organizations/ Autonomous bodies should apply through proper channel by due date along-with service certificates duly issued by their present and former employers.
- The University will follow the age limits as prescribed by the Federal Government.
- The candidate must enlist the documents attached with the application with signature. Incomplete or applications received after due date will not be entertained.
- No TA/DA will be admissible to the candidates called for test/interview.
- Applications on prescribed form, along-with attested copies of all testimonials, experience certificates, domicile and CNIC, must reach the undersigned by 25-8-2015.