Agriculture & Forestry CSS Syllabus 2016 is available here. You are instructed in this subject to write following points with detail: Concept of Integrated Agriculture, Challenges in Pakistan’s Agriculture, Elements of Climate and their Relationship with Crop Growth, Genetic Improvement for Crop Production, Horticulture: Rainfed and Irrigated Agriculture.
Agriculture & Forestry CSS Syllabus 2016 :
Agriculture & Forestry CSS Syllabus 2016 is given below:
Part-I: Agriculture (50 marks)
1. Concept of Integrated Agriculture: Components of natural resources as bases for agriculture production (Land, Water, biological, Environmental, Solar, Energy)
2. Challenges in Pakistan’s Agriculture: Present scenario and future prospects. Analytical overview: issues and strategies for improvement of crop management, livestock management, fisheries, cottage industry, resource management and rural development. Institutions and policies: issues and options.
3. Elements of Climate and their Relationship with Crop Growth: Farming Systems, biological nitrogen fixation, soil profile, structure and texture, soil fertility, soil erosion and conservation, water logging and salinity
4. Genetic Improvement for Crop Production: GMO crops, Seed production technology.
5. Horticulture: Floriculture, landscaping, pests and diseases of agriculture crops and their control, integrated pest management.
6. Rainfed and Irrigated Agriculture: Agriculture mechanization, land tenure and land reforms, role of agriculture in national economy.
Part-II Forestry = (50 Marks)
- Forest, range lands and wild life importance and significance
- Forest management and utilization, wood based industries in Pakistan, silviculture
- Range management and utilization
- National and international forest wealth statistics
- Role of wildlife as value addition to forestry
- Forest based wildlife reservations of Pakistan and their management, eco-tourism
- Forestry, agroforestry, social forestry and forest biometrics
- Socio-economic and ecological impact of manmade forests
- Watershed Management and role of forests in prevailing climate change dilemma
- National forest laws and policies at national level, biodiversity & environment
Just catch-up a Book of Dogar Brother’s to get selected through CSS exams.