Psychology CSS Syllabus 2016 is available here. Candidates will be expected to display in depth knowledge of basic Psychology concepts, Nature and Scope of Psychology, Biological Basis of Behavior, Sensation and Perception, Learning and Memory, Motivation and Emotion, Psychological Assessment, Personality, Intelligence, Social Influence and Group Dynamics, and Developmental Psychology.
Psychology CSS Syllabus
- Nature and Scope of Psychology: Definition and scope, Psychology as a Science, Schools, Perspectives, and Models of Psychology, Recent Trends
- Biological Basis of Behaviour: Nervous System, Neuron and its function, Central and Peripheral Nervous System, Endocrine System
- Sensation and Perception: Sensory process through sense organs, Perception,Gestalt Principles, Binocular and Monocular cues, Illusions and Extra Sensory Perception, Determinants of Perception
- Learning and Memory: Nature and Forms of Learning, Types of learning: Classical and Operant Conditioning, Reinforcement, Extinction, Discrimination, Punishment, Observational Learning, Theories of Learning, Types of Memory, Process of Memory, Forgetting, Theories of Memory
- Motivation and Emotion: Homeostasis, Factors affecting Motivation, Biogenic and Social Motives, Measurement of Human Motivation, Theories of Motivation, Emotions, Types of Emotions, Physiological changes and Emotion, Theories of Emotion.
- Psychological Assessment: Attributes of Psychological Measures, Validity,Reliability, Item Analysis, Norms, Modern Test Theory, Selection and Training, Educational and Clinical Assessment, Ethical Standards and Legal Issues
- Personality: Determinants of Personality, Factors in Development of Personality, Theoretical Perspectives, Traits and Types, Personality Assessment and Techniques, Cross-Cultural Issues.
- Intelligence: Theories of Intelligence, Types of intelligence (IQ, EQ), Assessing Intelligence
- Social Influence and Group Dynamics: Social Facilitation, Attribution, Conformity, Obedience, Altruism, Attitudes, Social Norms.
- Developmental Psychology: Physical, Cognitive, Social and Emotional development in Childhood, Adolescence, Adulthood and Old Age
- Abnormal and Clinical Psychology: Concept and causes of Abnormality, Clinical Assessment and Intervention, Different disorders such as Schizophrenia, Mood disorder, Anxiety disorder, Personality disorder, etc. Psychological treatment including different Therapeutic techniques.
- Organizational/Industrial Psychology: Leadership styles, Decision making, Work motivation, Organizational Culture, Stress and Conflict at Work and its Management, Organizational Socialization, Job related Attitude, Sexual Harassment, Glass Ceiling, Human Computer interaction.
- Health Psychology: Beliefs and Behaviour, Models of Health Psychology, Assessment and Intervention, Models of Stress, Chronic and Terminal Illness, Role of Social Support.
- Forensic Psychology: Psychology and Law, Investigation, Confession, Eyewitness Testimony, Working with Offenders, Juvenile Delinquents, Drug Addicts, Sex Offenders etc.
Dogar Brothers utterly provide Best Stuff for your good preparation